ASUS G73 Disassembly Procedure – part 2
Please follow the information provided in this section to perform the complete disassembly procedure of the notebook. Be sure to use proper tools described before.
ASUS G73 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your service needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
◆ Battery Module
◆ Memory Module
◆ HDD Module
◆ Wireless LAN Module
◆ ODD Module
◆ Keyboard Module
◆ Top Case Module
◆ LCD Module
◆ Motherboard Module
◆ Bottom Case Module
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove 2 screws (M2*4) on the bottom case. Then pry the hinge cover by a plastic blade and remove the hinge cover.
2. Remove 17 screws (M2.5*5, M2*4) on the bottom case. Then remove 6 screws (M2.5*7) on the LCD hinges and lay down the LCD module.
3. Remove 6 screws (M2.5*5) on the top case. Then disconnect the switch board FPC, speaker cable and the touchpad FPC.
4. Pry the edges of the top case and remove the top case to take it away.
Disassemble the Top Case Module
5. Tear off the mylars on the touchpad. Remove 2 screws (M2*5) on the touchpad bracket. Disconnect the touchpad FPC and remove the touchpad module.
6. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*5) on the touchpad bracket and separate the touchpad board and the touchpad bracket.
7. Remove 3 screws (M2*3) on the power switch board. Remove the power switch board from the top case.
8. Remove 1 screw (M2.5*5) on the speaker and take away the speaker.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Disconnect the following the cable from the motherboard: LCD light bar cable, LVDS cable, CMOS MIC cable. Pull out the WLAN antennas from the hole in the motherboard. Pry the latch fixing the cables and release the cables. Separate the LCD module from the whole system.
Disassemble the LCD Module
2. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*6) on the LCD bezel. Pry the edges of LCD bezel and remove the front bezel.
3. Remove the LED board.
4. Remove 4 screws (M2.5*6) on the lower bracket. Then remove the lower bracket.
5. Remove 3 screws (M2.5*4, M2.5*5) on the each LCD hinges. Then remove the both hinges.
5. Remove 6 screws (M2.5*4, M2.5*5) fixing the LCD panel and take away the LCD panel.
6. Remove 4 screws (M2.5*4) on the LCD up bracket and remove the up bracket.
7. Disconnect the camera and its cable. Then remove the CMOS MIC cable from its cover.
8. Disconnect the LVDS cable from the LCD panel. Remove 8 screws (M2*3) on the LCD brackets and separate the LCD brackets.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove 3 screws (M2*6) on each asus g73 cpu cooling fan. Disconnect the fan cables. Remove 2 fans
2. Remove 3 screws (M2.5*5) on the motherboard. Then disconnect the following cables:
LAN board cable, Bluetooth cable, audio board cable and the SATA FFC. Remove the motherboard from the bottom case.
Disassemble the Motherboard Module
3. Remove 4 screws (M2*4) on the heat sink. Then remove the heat sink.
4. Using the single slot screw driver to turn the non-removable screw to loosen the CPU. Then suck up the CPU by the vacuum handling tool.
5. Loosen 4 screws on the VGA thermal. Then remove the thermal. Remove 2 screws (M2*3) on the VGA card and remove the VGA card.
Bottom Case Module
The illustrations below show how to disassemble the Bottom Case Assy.
Disassemble the Bottom Case
1. Remove the Bluetooth module.
2. Remove 2 screws (M2*4) fixing the HDD board and remove it. Remove 2 screws to separate the HDD board and its bracket.
3. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*5) on the audio board. Turn over the audio board and disconnect the speaker cable. Remove the audio board and the speaker.
4. Remove 1 screw (M2.5*5) on the LAN board and remove the LAN board.